VOCAL TUTOR – MATERNITY COVER POSITION
NORWEST SEED ACADEMY, NORWEST CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
We are currently seeking to appoint a qualified Vocal Tutor to join our team at Norwest Seed Academy. We are in search of a candidate with the capacity to inspire and nurture students to realise their full potential, enabling them to empower themselves in the pursuit of their purpose.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship. The successful candidate must:
- have appropriate qualifications/experience to teach students;
- have strong knowledge of vocal techniques and music theory;
- have the ability to teach students from 3 to 18 years of age;
- have excellent skills in communicating with students and parents;
- be willing to contribute to the development of performance opportunities held at Norwest Christian College as required by the Director of Seed Academy; and,
- have their own ABN and the capacity to operate as an independent contractor.
- have public liability insurance
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working with Children Check clearance number or clearance letter.
Applications close Wednesday, 6 March 2024
Norwest Christian College is a co-educational P-12 school in Sydney’s North-West with the mission of Building Purposeful Lives. We have a wonderful community equally focused on facilitating great learning and nurturing our students’ learning habits, whilst ensuring that each young person experiences the love and care they deserve.
Norwest Seed Academy is our Norwest Christian College co-curricular studies academy which focuses on providing students with the opportunity to equip and empower themselves to pursue their purpose. Norwest Seed Academy incorporates our music, dance, and academic tuition program. The Academy functions both during school hours and outside of school hours.
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.