Full Time - Starting Term 1, 2024
The College is currently seeking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Science Teacher. Experience in teaching the new Stage 6 will be an advantage, as will be a passion for innovation in Science and a vision for STEM integration. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- be committed to quality teaching and learning experiences for students that reflect innovative 21st century learning, with an interest in IT integration and project-based learning;
- have demonstrated success in achieving excellent results in one or more Stage 6 Science courses
- experience in teaching Stage 6 Science, including Investigating Science and/or Science Extension;
- be a highly committed professional with a desire make a difference in the lives of students;
- be an effective classroom practitioner and clear communicator;
- be committed to academic excellence with high expectations of students;
- possess strong interpersonal skills, valuing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- collaborate with colleagues in developing integrated learning experiences for Secondary students;
- be committed to their own professional learning and growth;
- be pastorally minded and comfortable with sharing their faith;
- have an understanding of the wellbeing needs of adolescents; and,
- be willing to actively contribute to the co-curricular life of the College.
Applications close on Monday, 4 December 2023. Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and an appointment may be made prior to the application close date.
About our College:
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing purpose, and building capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector, and other organisations to grow and share influence. We seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
To Apply: If you are viewing this job advertisement on a site other than the College’s website and would like to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement click on Apply, this will take you through an online application process.
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.