Starting Term 1 2024, Full Time
Due to growth, the College is currently seeking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic HSIE Teacher. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- be a highly committed professional and have a desire make a difference in the lives of students
- be an excellent classroom practitioner and communicator
- be committed to academic excellence with high expectations of students
- possess strong interpersonal skills, valuing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- collaborate with colleagues in developing integrated learning experiences for junior students
- have experience with Stage 6 learning, and the ability to teach Stage 6 Business Studies/Economics and Stage 5 Commerce/Geography is highly desired
- be committed to their own professional learning and growth
- be pastorally minded and comfortable with sharing their faith
- have an understanding of the wellbeing needs of adolescents
- be willing to actively contribute to the extra-curricular life of the College
Applications close on Friday, 15 December 2023
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
For more information please visit www.norwest.nsw.edu.au
If you are viewing this advertisement on a website other than the NWCC website, to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement there is a link called Apply, this will take you through an online application process.
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.