Commencing Term 1 2024
The College is currently seeking to appoint a gifted and energetic Primary educator to join our team of committed professionals. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to teach in NSW Primary schools and possess relevant NSW teacher accreditation status (Provisional/ Conditional/ Proficient or higher).
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of students;
- an appreciation of the value of building students’ learning power (BLP);
- knowledge or experience of innovative pedagogical models including project-based learning that lead to greater than ‘expected’ academic growth;
- knowledge of current syllabus documents and proven ability to develop teaching and learning programs and implement an integrated curriculum that engage students and improve their outcomes
- experience in the use of data to deliver academic improvement; and
- an enthusiasm for continued professional learning
- a commitment to teamwork, transparent practice, and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive learning environments with a thorough understanding of effective behaviour management strategies that enhance student wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to support the ethos, principles and practices of the College and willingness and enthusiasm to assist with the implementation and organisation of extracurricular/cocurricular activities.
Applications close on Friday, 8 December 2023. Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and appointments may be made prior to the application close date.
About our College:
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing purpose, and building capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff, actualised through bespoke learning programs for teachers. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector, and other organisations to grow and share influence. We also seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
For more information please visit www.norwest.nsw.edu.au
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.