Full Time – Commencing Term 1, 2024
The College is currently seeking to appoint an experienced and energetic Science and Technology Technician to join our team of committed professionals. With growth in student numbers, we are expanding our team of support staff for these technical subjects and this role will work with other Technicians already in the College.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship. They must also have a technical background and the minimum relevant TAFE Laboratory Technician qualifications or equivalent or the intention to complete such a course. The following skills and experience are desired :
- Laboratory / Timber / Textile management experience (including assisting with ordering and record keeping);
- ability to support academic staff as well as work independently;
- ability to manage CSIS/WHS requirements in a laboratory environment;
- safe chemical handling practices;
- Ability or willingness to learn to manage and maintain Technology based classroom machinery and tools in addition to 3d printers, laser cutter and sublimation machinery
- administrative/ICT skills;
- strong attention to detail and a spirit of excellence;
- the ability to efficiently multitask and get the job done;
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team; and
- strong verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter.
Applications close Thursday, 30 November 2023.
Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and an appointment may be made prior to the application close date.
About our College
Norwest Christian College is a flourishing independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the thriving north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives through loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon stretching powerful learners, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and actively pursue opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector, and other organisations to grow and share influence. We seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
If you are viewing this advertisement on a website other than the NWCC website, to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement there is a link called Apply, this will take you through an online application process.
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.