Full-Time / Part Positions Available
Commencing Term 1, 2024
Ngarra is currently seeking to appoint a skilled and enthusiastic Teacher to support our students and teachers as we grow young people of faith, character, and purpose.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- a NESA accredited or early childhood teacher. Completion of formal tertiary education in Special Education highly desired;
- experience successfully teaching primary students with additional needs;
- ability to form positive, professional relationships with students in an educational environment;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to use technology to engage students in learning;
- experience collaborating with College staff, parents and other professionals to meet the additional needs of students highly desired;
- knowledge of the Disability Standards for Education;
- exceptional time management skills;
- commitment to professional learning and growth; and,
- ability to care for students’ well-being and share from a perspective of Christian faith.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter and must be able to live and work in NSW.
Applications close on Friday, 8 December 2023. Early applications are appreciated to assist the interview process. Please note that applications will be considered as they are received, and an appointment may be made prior to the application close date.
Ngarra Christian College is a recently established specialised learning environment, located on the Norwest Christian College campus, in the north-west sector of Sydney. Ngarra and Norwest exist as separate educational institutions, intentionally sharing facilities, resources, and learning experiences that will form the basis of rich learning opportunities for all students. We are two schools living together as one learning community.
With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing purpose, and building capacity, our Ngarra community is focused upon facilitating great learning, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Our environment caters to students with mild to moderate autistic learning needs, and/or mild to moderate intellectual learning needs. Ngarra is a Darug word which translates ‘together with you,’ which we believe beautifully captures our vision for this school to walk the journey with parents who need a unique learning environment for their child.
Teaching and learning at Ngarra is a dynamic experience. Ngarra Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
For more information about Ngarra visit www.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ngarra-christian-college
To Apply: If you are viewing this job advertisement on a site other than the College’s website and would like to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement click on Apply, this will take you through an online application process.