Permanent Part Time, commencing 2024
The College is seeking applications for a Permanent part-time Early Childhood Educator to join our team of committed professionals. Employment will be subject to the conditions of the NSW Christian Schools General Staff Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2020-2023.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of children;
- a strong rapport with, empathy with, and understanding of young children;
- a comprehensive understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework;
- completed Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care;
- minimum 2 years’ experience working in an Early Childhood Education and Care setting
- a willingness to support and help develop College culture and build the College community;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- a collaborative approach and the capacity to be an active team member;
- a comprehensive understanding of the needs and differences of children; and
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for children.
Applications close Friday, 17 December 2023.
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.