Casual Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) Educators needed
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing purpose, and building capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
The College is seeking applications for casual OSHC Educators to join our team of committed professionals in our Before and After School Care and Vacation Care program. Employment will be subject to the conditions of the NSW Christian Schools General Staff Multi-Enterprise Agreement.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- An understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of children;
- a strong rapport with, empathy with, and understanding of young children;
- a willingness to support and help develop College culture and build the College community;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- a collaborative approach and the capacity to be an active team member; and;
- a comprehensive understanding of the needs and differences of children.
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for children
- knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, My Time Our Place and National Law/Regulations or ability to acquire
- first aid and child protection qualification and experience working with school aged children are desirable
The hours are varied, between the hours 7:00 – 9:00 and 2:00 – 6:30 (BASC) | 7:00 – 6:00 (Vacation Care)
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number and to address each of the selection criteria above in the context of an interview.