Casual Learning Enrichment Educator (Teachers Aide)
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused on facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
The College is currently seeking to appoint a Learning Enrichment Educator to provide support for our students and teachers across K-12 as we grow young people of faith, character and purpose. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at the interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- Completion of formal tertiary education relevant to Learning Support and/or experience working with students to support their learning will be highly desired.
- Ability to form positive, professional relationships with students of any age across Kindergarten to Year 12;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to collaborate with staff teams to meet the needs of students;
- Good understanding of how children learn;
- A working knowledge of the Disability Standards for Education;
- Exceptional time management skills; and
- An innovative, flexible and enthusiastic nature.
The position’s work hours are 8:00 am-3:15pm, during term time only.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter and must have the right to live and work in NSW.
To apply, please visit the College's career page and click on Apply at the bottom of the advertisement, this will take you through an online application process.
Working with Children Check
Under the Child Protection [Working With Children] Act 2012 [NSW] and the Child Protection [Working with Children]Regulation 2013 [NSW] the College can only employ persons (who will be engaged in child-related work) who hold averified WWCC clearance from the NSW Office of the Children's Guardian.
The College requires that all employees hold this clearance.
All employment applications must include a copy of the applicants WWCC clearance letter.
How to apply for a WWCC Clearance:
- Complete an online application form available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
- When submitted online, the applicant will receive an application number
- Take this number together with proof of identity to a Service NSW
- Pay the $80 (tax deductible) charge for a five year clearance.