Immediate Start – Full Time
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff, actualised through bespoke learning programs for teachers. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We also seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours. Our professional learning program is designed to support and engage teachers in delivering a learning powered approach as described in the work of Professor Guy Claxton (2002).
The College is currently seeking to appoint a qualified and energetic teacher of PDHPE to fill the role of Primary Sports Coordinator in our growing Primary school and teach both Primary and Secondary PDHPE classes. This position will have a teaching load of approximately 0.6 across Primary classes and approximately 0.4 across Secondary classes with planning time for the role as Primary Sports Coordinator and PDHPE classes included in the overall FTE. This is a full time position for the start of the 2020 academic year.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following:
The successful applicant will:
- be able to articulate the role that participation in sport plays in the holistic development of young people;
- be committed to the development of high quality extra-curricular sporting opportunities and competitive sporting environments;
- be committed to building a culture of participation, engagement and success;
- be committed to quality teaching and learning experiences for students that reflect innovative 21st century learning;
- be committed to academic excellence and innovation;
- have high expectations of students, teachers and their own performance;
- be familiar with new syllabuses;
- possess strong interpersonal skills, valuing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- be committed to their own professional learning and growth;
- be pastorally minded and comfortable with sharing their faith;
- have an understanding of the wellbeing needs of children and adolescents; and
- be willing to actively contribute to the extra-curricular life of the College.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance letter.
Applications close Friday, 7 February 2020.