Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Norwest Seed Academy operates out of Norwest Christian College as a co-curricular and extra-curricular academy. It incorporates our current extra-curricular offerings to students as well as other initiatives including academic tutoring. All Seed Academy positions are part time and are dependent on the number of students enrolled with the Academy.
Norwest Seed Academy are seeking to employ the following Tutors / Teachers:
- Academic Tutors (Mathematics, English, Science - Biology, Physics, Chemisty); General Homework and Academic support;
- Drama Teacher; and a
- Martial Arts Instructor
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following
skills and experience:
- excellent skills in communicating with students and parents;
- the ability to teach individual students and group lessons as required by the Seed Academy Administrator; and,
- the willingness to contribute to the development of performance opportunities held at Norwest Christian College as required by the Seed Academy Administrator.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter. Enquiries should be directed to the Seed Academy Administrator via email at email@example.com or phone 02 8889 4600).
Applications should contain:
- a covering letter, clearly outlining which of the above positions you are applying for;
- a resume including relevant academic and work history, as well as professional experience and achievements;
- contact details for two professional referees and the minister/pastor of their current church; and
- copies of qualifications, including academic transcripts.