Full Time – Commencing 2020
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
The College is currently seeking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Food Technology Technician for the start of 2020. The Food Technology Technician will predominately assist the TAS faculty by resourcing and assisting in the maintenance of the Food Technology classrooms, as well as the College’s Makerspace, Technology rooms and Library.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- experience in preparing food, catering and managing resources in a Food Technology classroom (desirable);
- experience in, or willingness to learn, how to utilise and maintain machinery found in a Makerspace and Technology rooms, e.g. laser cutter and 3D printer and maintenance of tools and dust extraction systems;
- proven ability to research, organise, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- excellent initiative and problem solving skills;
- experience in multitasking;
- HACCP certification;
- first aid qualification or a willingness to gain;
- a willingness to learn and assist where required; and,
- possess strong interpersonal skills, valuing relationships with colleagues.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter, and must be able to live and work in NSW.
Applications close Friday, 17 January 2020.