Norwest Christian College is a co-educational P-12 school with the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building capacity. We serve a wonderful community focused equally upon facilitating authentic, multimodal learning and ensuring that each young person experiences love, care and a sense of belonging in a highly supportive pastoral environment.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
Successful casual employees will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- currently studying or completed a Certificate III or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care;
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of children;
- a strong rapport with, empathy with, and understanding of young children;
- a comprehensive understanding of the ‘Early Years Learning Framework’
- a willingness to support and help develop College culture and build the College community;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- a collaborative approach and the capacity to be an active team member;
- a comprehensive understanding of the needs and differences of children; and,
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for children.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter, and must have the right to live and work in NSW.