Full Time (Commencing Term 1, 2023)
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing purpose, and building capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, the service of others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector, and other organisations to grow and share influence. We seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
The College is currently seeking to appoint an innovative and enthusiastic Assistant Head of Maths / Maths Teacher. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- be committed to quality teaching and learning experiences for students that reflect innovative 21st century learning, with an interest in IT integration and project-based learning;
- have demonstrated success in achieving great results in one or more Stage 6 courses (preferred but not essential);
- ability to teach Mathematics Extension 1 and Extension 2 (desirable but not essential).
- be a highly committed professional and have a desire make a difference in the lives of students;
- be an excellent classroom practitioner and communicator;
- be committed to academic excellence with high expectations of students;
- possess strong interpersonal skills, valuing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- collaborate with colleagues in developing integrated learning experiences for junior students;
- be committed to their own professional learning and growth;
- be pastorally minded and comfortable with sharing their faith;
- have an understanding of the wellbeing needs of adolescents; and,
- be willing to actively contribute to the co-curricular life of the College.
The Assistant Head of Mathematics position will include a Position of Responsibility 1. The main purpose of the Assistant Head of Mathematics is to support the Head of Faculty in achieving the vision of the Mathematics Department in alignment with wider College goals.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Head of Mathematics include:
- To provide leadership in developing a strong learning culture in Mathematics across Stages 4-6.
- To support the Head of Faculty in strategic planning and decision making to achieve faculty-specific goals.
- To collect, analyse and use data effectively to monitor student progress and inform teaching and learning.
- To assist in the implementation of teaching, learning and assessment processes and requirements.
- To be responsible for managing a Key Stage in the faculty.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter and must be able to live and work in NSW.
Applications close on Friday, 19 August 2022.Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter and must be able to live and work in NSW.
To Apply: If you are viewing this job advertisement on a site other than the College’s website and would like to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement click on Apply, this will take you through an online application process.