Full Time, commencing January 2021
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
The College is seeking applications for two full-time Early Childhood Educator to join our team of committed professionals. Employment will be subject to the conditions of the NSW Christian Schools General Staff Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2018-2020.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of children;
- a strong rapport with, empathy with, and understanding of young children;
- a comprehensive understanding of the ‘Early Years Learning Framework’
- completed Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care
- minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Child Care Centre
- a willingness to support and help develop College culture and build the College community;
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- a collaborative approach and the capacity to be an active team member;
- a comprehensive understanding of the needs and differences of children; and
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for children.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number and to address each of the selection criteria above in the context of an interview.
Enquiries should be directed to the Recruitment Manager (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8889 4600).
Applications close on Friday, 4 December 2020.
If you are viewing this advertisement on a website other than the NWCC website, to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the advertisement there is a link called Apply, this will take you through an online application process.