Full Time position
Commencing Term 4 (or earlier if possible)
Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff, actualised through bespoke learning programs for teachers. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We also seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
The College is currently seeking to appoint a gifted and energetic Head of Mathematics to join our team of committed professionals. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- be a highly committed professional and have a desire make a difference in the lives of students;
- be an excellent classroom practitioner and communicator;
- be committed to academic excellence with high expectations of students;
- possess strong interpersonal skills, valuing relationships with colleagues and stakeholders;
- collaborate with colleagues in developing integrated learning experiences for junior students;
- have experience with Stage 6 learning, and demonstrated success;
- be committed to their own professional learning and growth;
- be pastorally minded and comfortable with sharing your faith;
- have an understanding of the wellbeing needs of adolescents;
- be willing to actively contribute to the extra-curricular life of the College; and,
- experience with STEM integration is an advantage, but not essential.
Additional responsibilities for the Head of Faculty role:
- providing strategic leadership and support to your faculty;
- managing and supporting the team’s development and administration of quality learning programs and assessment;
- leading your faculty to deliver quality teaching and learning experiences for students that reflect innovative 21st century learning;
- implementation of the College’s Building Purposeful Lives learning framework, ensuring that priorities are effectively implemented;
- coordinating with other Heads of Faculty in developing STEM integrated learning experiences for students;
- monitoring compliance with NESA requirements; and,
- coordinating a faculty budget.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter.
Applications close Friday, 17 July 2020.
If you are viewing this job advertisement on a site other than the College’s website and would like to apply, please visit http://careers.norwest.nsw.edu.au/ and follow the prompts to the job advertisement. At the bottom of the ad click on Apply, this will take you through an online application process.