Part Time – see below for more information.
Norwest Christian College is a co-educational P-12 school with the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building capacity. We serve a wonderful community focused equally upon facilitating authentic, multimodal learning and ensuring that each young person experiences love, care and a sense of belonging in a highly supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff, actualised through bespoke learning programs for teachers. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We also seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
The College is currently seeking to appoint a gifted and energetic Primary educator, for a specialist teacher role, providing release for classroom teachers. There is the opportunity for one person to fulfil a 0.9FTE position, or for two people to fill 0.4FTE and 0.5FTE positions. The 0.4 role involves teaching music to Kindergarten and Stage 1 students for 2020. Employment will be subject to the conditions of the current NSW Christian Schools (Norwest Christian College) Agreement.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of students;
- an appreciation of the value of building students’ learning power (BLP);
- the propensity to innovate;
- a comprehensive understanding of pedagogies and programs that lead to greater than ‘expected’ academic growth;
- a comprehensive understanding of 21st Century pedagogy including relevant technologies;
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for students;
- experience in the use of data to deliver academic improvement; and
- a commitment to teamwork, transparent practice and collaboration.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter. Enquiries should be directed to the Principal’s Executive Assistant (email email@example.com or phone 02 8889 4600).
Applications close Friday, 11 October 2019